I hold a Diploma in Humanistic Integrative Counselling (Wealden Institute, BACP accredited).
My further training includes:
– Transactional analysis
– Trauma and recovery, and Attachment disorder and trauma
– Stress management
– Drug, alcohol and addictions awareness
– Working with concerned relatives affected by drug/alcohol use
– Online and telephone counselling
– Ecotherapy & Walk and Talk Counselling
– Cruse Bereavement Support supervisor training
In addition to my private practice, I volunteer with Cruse Bereavement Support as a supervisor and I’m a counsellor for Momentum Children’s charity which supports families of seriously ill children.
Previous experience includes: working for Pavilions Drugs and Alcohol Service in their Families and Carers Team; counselling the bereaved and those anticipating bereavement at St Catherine’s Hospice in Crawley; as a listening volunteer for the Samaritans.
I have experience of working with people on a variety of issues, including:
– anxiety and panic
– bereavement and loss
– dealing with a terminal diagnosis
– coping with change or uncertainty
– confidence and self-esteem difficulties
– work-place problems
I am a registered member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and I follow their Ethical Framework to ensure that I work safely and professionally. This means that I have regular professional supervision, I’m fully insured and I am also registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office and comply with their guidance on data protection. I hold an enhanced DBS certificate.